Saturday, June 23, 2012

The only constant thing in life: change.

Change is always inevitable in life. Sometimes we want it, sometimes, we don't. Sometimes it is voluntary, but most of the time, life changes due to things out of our control. This past year of my life has brought some of the biggest changes, and they only continue. I was looking forward to the change of college, and then I got comfortable with it. However, I quickly realized that even though I was in college, things were only going to continue to change as I began to build my own life. Then summer happened. I feel almost as if I started college over again with the summer. I have made many new friends, learned many different things, and have had my eyes opened to areas of life I had never truly encountered before. This change scared me at first,  but now it is one of the best things that could have happened to me. The people and environment I am in have made me come out of my shell more and be who I am to many new people. I like this a lot and enjoy the change. The funny thing is whenever I think about how much has changed, it all seems so weird. My life this past year was completely different than it was in high school, and now it is completely different than anything again. These changes have been hard at first, but so worth it. I have not only met new people and had many new experiences and shared many laughs, but have also learned a lot about myself and allowed for personal growth. I know my personal growth and change will only continue on in the coming years, but I just feel that for once I am finding who I want to be and not allowing others to define me, be it friends, teachers, or parents. I like the way things are going, and I'd like to think that even though there have been a lot of negative changes on the back burner, all in all, change is for the good, and life will always, always change.

No comments:

Post a Comment