Sunday, May 19, 2013

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”

Summer. It's a time when life gets a little easier, the temperature is warmer, and everyone seems a little nicer. In high school, summer meant sleeping in, going to the beach every week, going out for ice cream with friends, and bonfires. For most people, summers stay in this similar fashion once they begin college. Not for me. I chose to stay in the city for the summer instead of going home, and while it's not the same, it's just as good, if not better. In college, summer starts earlier. For me, summer means working at my school and doing a virtual internship. However, I get to do all this while also living in one of the greatest cities in the world, Boston. The trees are in bloom, the birds sing, and you can walk everywhere. There is so much to do and see. Summer has begin and I have brunched, attended Earth Fest, gone on many walks, and started my summer glow. Boston is a completely different place and much quieter in the summer, and I love it. While I don't go to the beach as much and it can get really hot, I wouldn't trade summers in the city for anything in the world. Let summer 2013 commence.








No comments:

Post a Comment