Sunday, May 26, 2013

What are we waiting for?


Every Monday we wake up and wish it was Friday. Every cold winter day we wish for the warm days of spring and summer. When we're missing someone we wish we could be with them. It seems like we're never truly satisfied in life and always waiting for the next big thing to happen. Why don't we enjoy the current moment and stop wishing we were somewhere in the future? While the best things are often the things we wait for the longest and will create the memories we'll hold on to forever, enjoying and cherishing the every day is a rare skill that more people should try to master in life. As I stumbled across the text above on Pinterest, it made me think about how much waiting we do in life and our constant desire and longing for something in the future. We need to learn to live more in the present. This includes myself also, as I am always looking forward to something in the future. While it is great to have things to look forward too, we should not let those things stop us from taking every day as a blessing and finding the joy in the simple things.I spent most of my teenage years waiting to go to college and waiting to move the the city. Then it all finally happened, and suddenly there was not big thing to look forward to. I try to enjoy every day because you never know when it will be your last. As I spend this summer anticipating my study abroad to Ireland in the fall, I have to remember to enojy the summer. The things that will happen and the memories I will make will all have an impact on my life and who I am and will become. After all, life's more about the journey than the actual destination. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment