Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Another year over.

Finally a moment to breathe. This past week has been hectic with finals and wrapping up the end of the semester. It's crazy to think that I am now halfway done with college. It seems like just yesterday I was moving in and embarking on the next chapter on my life.

This past year has been an absolute whirlwind and I have had some of the best times of my life. I have made so many new friends and made so many memories it is unreal. To think how far I have come since arriving in Boston two years ago blows my mind. I have discovered who I truly am and grown so much. I have weeded the negative out of my life and focused on the positive. I have realized dreams and aspirations I never knew I had and experienced a city that I love.

As this year came to a close, it was an extremely bittersweet end. Last year I was excited for summer and my new HA job, and this year I have loved school and my friends so much that to see it end was very sad. I have grown so close to my two best friends this year and do not know how I ever lived without them, as cliche as it sounds. We always have a great time together whether we're going out or just spending hours procrastinating in my room. It was especially bittersweet because I am going abroad in the fall, so these were the last days guaranteed we will all be together and in the same place. I know we'll see each other a lot this summer and before I leave, but it's just so weird to go from seeing people almost every hour of every day to then going months and barely seeing them. I know it will all be worth it, it's just going to be different. It's so weird to think in just 4 months I'll be heading to Dublin. I love Boston so much and in high school all I ever wanted to do was go to college and be in the city, I never liked where I was. Now I love where I am and I'm sad to leave, even though where I'm heading will be just as a great and a whole new experience.

This summer is yet another change. Last summer when I started HA, I literally knew no one and spent the first week mostly to myself. I ended up making some of the greatest friends and having a fantastic summer, and it was unexpectedly great. Now this summer I know many of the people I am working with and I am already good friends with one of them. The two of us are so similar and I am really looking forward to all our adventures this summer. One of my other best friends of the two I was talking about is also coming later in the summer for a month, and I am very excited about that too. It's going to be so different this summer from last summer, but I know it will still be good. All this change is just different and outside the norm that I love, but it doesn't mean it won't be good. Change is really the only constant thing in life, and we have to enjoy every moment because life goes on and good things end, but better things often lie ahead. As this year comes to a close and summer and my journey to Ireland begins, I can only use one word to truly describe how I'm feeling, and I have never felt this word to be so relevant before, it's all just: bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment