Monday, May 21, 2012

Fashion Icon : Lauren Conrad

This will be my first feature on one of my favorite style icons. Lauren Conrad rose to fame through Laguna Beach and The Hills, but her real success in her career is just now getting into full swing. Fashion designer, author, and socialite are all titles that describe LC. She not only has a high end line, but also designs a line for Kohl's, so the everyday woman can also wear looks inspired by Lauren.

To me, she is a fashion icon due to her effortless and relaxed style that is always polished and put together. She is classic with a boho feel, and her outfits inspire me daily. Below is a feature on some of my favorite outfits she has worn.


This is a casual every day look that is something very similar to my own style. A basic tee tucked into a cute skirt is one of my favorite combos, and works for many different events.

Colored pants are a really big trend right now that I'm itching to try out. LC pulls it off very well with a plain white shirt, attributing to her cool yet casual style.


This outfit is more dressy than an everyday outfit, as it is for a big event. She is working another trend of lace, and paired with nude pumps, the outfit works perfectly.


While Lauren has written actual novels too, her Style book is my favorite. She covers everything from accessories, to hair and makeup, to dressing for any occasion. This book gives a great look into how she comes up with her own outfits and tips for your own style.


 This is an array of outfits from the book, going from dressy to very casual. A great reflection of Lauren's personal style.








No comments:

Post a Comment